Thursday, November 3, 2011

Decision made

I’ve been back and forth about starting the blog up again. A couple months ago I decided yes, hence that sad lonely post below, but then I stopped and decided no. Then recently I got an email from a sweet girl in the southern Midwest (look at a map, it makes sense) and I think I may just have to break out the creativity and begin again. Seems she was a “fan” in the past (I had fans!) and I was on her weekly Sunday morning blog read list and she wanted to check up on me. Seriously? People are really that nice? I guess so.  She asked if I would be writing again, and I told her I never stopped I just stopped publishing it.  She then said: “Would it hurt you to just write on the blog and hit publish?” No, no it wouldn’t.
So Thanks to Valerie (I asked her if I could use her real name and she said yes “but not my last name right?”) I am back yet again.
So what’s new in Onwit land? Well I woke up after three years of being with a sociopath and realized that I was too fabulous to settle for pathetic. That’s not all, in fact that was just the start.  I quit teaching, (full time at least, I still do a part time gig because you know I just can’t live without it) I lived through the oddest roommate experience of my life and then roomie came home, I somehow ended up with two 20 something lesbian protégés and a lesbian neighbor who truly has shown me the meaning of bitter and also made me see the joy in bitter, and I fell in love with someone good enough for me (the first time thats happened in years and years)
Along the way I power dated, sold my soul to the devil for a job in administration, completely redecorated my house, learned I like a lychee martini, ate tongue, broke a few hearts, watched star wars for the first time, had the worst sex of my life and the best sex of my life, decided to donate a kidney and ate a few too many whoopee pies in Maine.

That’s the nutshell version, but trust me there is more… Much more.
All I have to do is hit publish.
Thanks again Valerie, this one was for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment